Spring has arrived! The sun is shining. The birds are singing and flowers are beginning to appear. It’s time to enjoy the glory of nature from a new deck. You’ve heard about composite deck material. Is a low maintenance composite deck product right for you?
What is Composite?
Composite decking boards are made of plastic and wood and are covered in a protective shell. You can cut and drill composite planks making them easy to install. They are smooth to the touch while still providing good traction.
What are the advantages of Composite?
- Durability: Composite deck material resists fading, staining, scratching and mold. It won’t rot, crack or warp. This product is weather and insect resistant standing up to wind, rain, hail, snow and sun. While traditional wood decks last 10 to 15 years, a composite deck gives you 25 to 30 years of enjoyment.
- Low maintenance: No refinishing is required. You never need to sand, stain or paint! Gone are the long hours of deck maintenance. Instead, you can sip a cool drink while lounging on your favourite deck chair. An occasional soap and water cleaning is all that is needed to maintain this product.
- Sustainability: Most composites are made using recycled plastic and wood scraps (sawdust, wood chips and/or wood fiber). This product provides the look and feel of wood without the environmental impact making composite materials an ideal choice for eco-conscious consumers.
- Beauty: With wood grain patterns and a wide array of color choices, composite decking looks and feels natural. Since it is resistant to fading, staining, scratching and mold, it will look good for a long time.
- Value: Composite planks cost two or three times as much as regular lumber. Is the product worth the price tag? Composite materials come with lengthy warranties and maintain their beauty and functionality much longer than wood. You will spend more money upfront but you get a deck that requires less maintenance, is eco-friendly, and will last for many years.
If you wish to spend your time enjoying your outdoor living space and you are willing to pay a bit more for a beautiful, durable, eco-friendly, low maintenance deck, then a composite product is right for you. Econo Decks uses Azek Timber Tech®Composite/PVC Decking. This product is best in its class for resisting fading, scratching and breaking. Econo Decks takes pride in delivering outstanding quality for their clients. If you’re thinking of replacing an old wood deck with a new composite deck or you’re installing a deck for the first time, call Econo Decks at (403) 770-9277 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org